I like to make books, I like Star Wars and I like to give away stuff. I thus combined all three these things and made a book with Darth Vader on the cover that I will give away and hopefully generate some advertisement for my shop on Etsy – Induku.
The 3 easy steps to enter and stand a chance to win this awesome of the one-of-a-kind, hand-made notebook are below this picture:
There are 3 easy steps to enter:
- Like the Induku Facebook page (here).
- Share this post on Facebook by clicking here.
- Leave a comment on this blog with your answer by clicking here. The easy question is: What is the material I use in all of my projects?
- Hint: you can see it in every item in my shop.
- VERY IMPORTANT to leave a comment as this will allow me to enter your name into the draw.
- By entering you agree to abide by these rules as well as the conditions below:
- The competition will end on the 29th of February 2016 and the winner will be chosen on 1 March 2016.
- Your answer will be displayed in the comment section of this post and only the first answer per contestant will be valid.
- A random winner will be selected if more than one person have the correct answer.
- A valid email address is required for you to be contacted (this will not be displayed or shared).
– – –
The story of this book (and more images):
This cover is one of the first things I cut with the scroll saw. For a long time I did not know what to do with this image until I decided to make books and wooden covers seemed to be an excellent idea. This cover was thus laying in my workshop for almost a year with several other items that I like but have very little use.
For some reason I really enjoy binding books, especially using coptic stitching. My shop is thus slowly filling up with handmade books. Some of these I don’t want to sell (like the one in this competition) and I am therefore having this competition. I also need to generate some traffic to my online shop and this seemed a good way to do so (any shares on any social or other media would thus be very much appreciated).
I have loads of ideas of what to cut on the front cover. Most of these will be my own design or modifications of images that I like.The Darth Vader image in on this book is a bit of an exception since I was mostly testing my scroll saw at the time and wanted to cut an image rather than design one.
I will post some of my new projects on this site, including new books with some of my designs. I would, however, like to do more commission work and if anyone wants a custom, hand made, book or notebook do not hesitate to contact me with your idea.
Size of book 148 mm x 210 mm (5.8 x 8.3 inches) – A5 international paper dimensions.
14 signatures (140 pages)
The pages are bound with Coptic stitching displayed on the spine – this goes well with the general look of the covers.The stitching is done with bees-waxed embroidery floss. Coptic stitching allows the book to open completely and lay flat when writing/drawing/painting.
p.s. feel free to sign up for our newsletter to keep up to date with new items and exciting competitions: